View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

The Jarrow B-Right is fine for maintaining minimal levels but low for people who need to be higher on the doses. The B-12 is only 100 mcgs. I take 2000 mcgs to maintain the B-12 level I need.

The RDV/RDA was established to prevent malnutrition, not maximize health. The recommended vitamin B12 in your bloodstream is generally between 190 and 950 picograms per milliliter (pg/mL). Many believe under 300 is too low. I do best at about 1000. Higher folate levels are also recommended.

Have you had your blood checked for folate, B-12, D-3, potassium, calcium and magnesium.

My daughter swears by high doses of niacin. 400 mgs 2 to 3 times a day at minimum. She suffered a miserable concussion in a car wreck. Her college biochem studies got her interested in solving her struggles.

40 years ago, my orthomolecular medicine doctor put me on 400 mgs of niacin 2 times a day to overcome some cognitive struggles related to a high stress event. Thiamine, Niacin and B-12 were his primary treatments.

His regimen is the basis of my post in the vitamins sticky. I add B-12 to the B-50.

Omega-3 fish oil is considered poor man's HBOT. At 3 grams a day, it provides the cognitive benefits of HBOT. HBOT-HyperBaric Oxygen Therapy

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote