View Single Post
Old 12-23-2021, 09:41 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Being told debilitating symptoms that last for months at a time are solely the result of anxiety is, in my opinion, dangerous. It can send people into a despair. This happened to me repeatedly, and I literally thought I was losing my mind.

I realize that some folks on here have a "fear" of hitting their head, with no real history of lasting symptom exacerbation to back it up, but it sound like this member is seeing a true, lasting symptom regression.

There's been some posts on situations like this. Some folks are sensitive to sudden movements (falls, etc.), and some are sensitive specifically to head contact. Either way, it's usually an indication that something else is going on (eg a neck injury that needs to be addressed or some other pathology that is being triggered, like migraine)

Don't give up. Your brain is not being damaged. The brain can create some really disturbing sensations and symptoms that feel like they will last forever, but they can and do resolve with proper diagnosis and treatment.

sensitive-jolting-information?
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DrewDigital (12-23-2021), Lara (12-23-2021)