View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 02:27 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Ben,

No. This "damage" is not permanent. 30% of the world's population report experiencing migraine symptoms. These symptoms are triggered by a number of environments factors (depending on the individual) and, although they can be debilitating when you are experiencing them, do not cause any permanent structural "damage" to the brain. Many people get better once these symptoms are addressed and treated and live long, happy, fulfilling lives. If everyone who experienced migraine symptoms became a vegetable in their 50's...well, let's just say it would be the biggest focus of modern medicine, and it would be all you are hearing about. Neither of which are true.

The symptoms of migraine can be so extreme in some people that they mimic a stroke (with temporary paralysis or visual disturbances), but even those people can get better with the right treatment plan.

It seems to me from your posts that you are able to live a fairly normal life (outside of sometimes crippling anxiety). You've been able to participate in a lot of activities that I would never dream of being able to do. It also seems that when you trigger symptoms (from either a panic attack, migraine, or some other neurological event), they resolve and return to baseline rather quickly. You often worry that you will need to cancel plans months in advance, but have you ever actually had a significant symptom regression that lasted months? If you haven't, I'm not entirely sure what your worries are related to.

CTE is of concern only to a very special portion of the population who gets either tackled or punched 10+ times daily, for decades in a row. A regular person might slip and fall or accidentally bump their head on something a few times a week. This is not in the same stratosphere as the extreme athletes that CTE is happening to.

Some people experience vestibular symptoms that make movement of the head uncomfortable (I have this). It can even sometimes seem like you can feel your brain move. It is important to know that it is NOT POSSIBLE to feel your brain. Any pain or movement sensations you feel are coming from nerves on the outside of your head. Those are sensations that your brain creates, based on input from sensory signals it is receiving. If you are experiencing this, I would suggest seeing someone who specializes in vestibular disorders. If you are just having panic attacks, I would suggest CBT. Either way, REAL doctors are going to be a much larger benefit to you than reassurances from random people on the internet. You have so much life to live...why waste it worrying instead of addressing your symptoms?
BurritoWarrier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (01-02-2022)