View Single Post
Old 01-02-2022, 08:40 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Default My Mystery Symptoms

Greetings, I am joining this forum in an effort to discover more about my non-specific peripheral neuropathy, its potential causes, and any ideas about supplements or nutrition that might prove helpful in mitigating the symptoms.

My age: 65
Age at Onset: 57

My symptoms:
  • constant tingling/numbness in my hands and feet that NEVER goes away. Also, sporadic numbness, tingling, and zinging on face. tongue, sometimes it even feels like my gums are tingling and numb.
  • pins and needles that are random throughout body
  • Zinging (feels like electrical charges) random all throughout the day.
    Sporadic internal tremors

Tests/Treatments
Nerve Conduction Test: Passed with the exception of slight carpal tunnel in hands. Given wrist supports to sleep in at night. No negligible difference.

X-rays: All clear, no pinched nerves indicated.

Bloodwork: Showed a slight deficiency in Vitamin B12. Took Vitamin B12 shots once a week for several months. No difference. Last bloodwork revealed no deficiency.

Acupuncture: Went to an acupuncturist for several months weekly. No negligible difference.do

Chiropractic Treatments: Paid for a series of treatments. No difference in symptoms.

Lyme Disease Test: Negative

My first neurologist visit was in 2013. I am scheduled for a new round soon.
My first diagnosis was non-specific peripheral neuropathy. For the last seven years, symptoms have remained constant but have not escalated. The past six months, I am now seeing an increase in severity and strength of symptoms.

They are with me constantly. And when I am up and moving about, I am able to "deal" with them. But when I am stationary or trying to go to sleep they are in high gear and I often can't sleep for hours. I have been taking a small amount of edible THC gummies and they help me sleep but do not help with the symptoms.

Other things to know about me: I lived in the jungles of Belize from 2006-2013. I have wondered if my symptoms are the result of a tropical parasite or disease. I have been tested for Chagas disease, a well-known tropical disease and tested negative for that.

Any suggestions or others with similar symptoms?

Thanks for the opportunity to share.

JudyNDJungle
JudyNDJungle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote