View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I'm saying I'm cool today because I did a good thing today. My Dads bday is 7/26 and I always take my Mom out to the cemetary on his bday. She has a good friend at the retirement home where she lives. Due to some very unfortunate circumstances, another resident is having to leave this weekend. So Mom and this other lady wanted to get him a cake from Walmart.

This other lady drives and was asking me a good way to get to Walmart withought getting on the highway. So I decided the best thing to do was to ask Mom if this friend could go with us to the cemetary and then we would go to Walmart together. Come to find out, they both lived in the little town where the cemetary is at about the same time. So we just drove around and saw her old house, our old house, drove into town and saw my house. Just had a good time.

It was good to hear my Mom laugh and have a good time with another resident. Sometimes I have felt she depends to much on my sister and I for companionship so it was good to see her in action with a good friend.

So that is why I feel cool today. End of story.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote