View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 05:40 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Hello again & Happy New Year!

It's been a very long time since I posted an update on how my mom's been doing. I didn't know if it was appropriate to make a whole new thread or not, so I apologize if this isn't the correct way to do it, but there's been quite a few things that've happened since I last posted anything:

1. Mom has been off of Gabapentin for several months now. When we were first weaning her off of it, she definitely didn't enjoy that. But she held strong. Now it's been maybe ~4 or so months since she last had any Gabapentin. She's been suffering none of the effects of her peripheral neuropathy in maybe a little under that time. So thank the stars above for that!

2. We got a treadmill recently, and starting this weekend we'll be using it every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday to keep up our walking habits, especially since it's been really chilly this year. Just now the temperature is -15 F! So walking outside isn't really a good idea right now.

3. She's been off of alcohol for almost an entire year now! She technically started about the 13th or so of February, and she hasn't had a drop since. Once we officially reach that date, I'll be keeping close track of the days from then. We haven't really celebrated this yet, but I plan to surprise her on her 'sober anniversary'.

4. And now for the bad: the other major problem we were dealing with, her memory, is still stubbornly persisting. It's mostly just same-day stuff that she occasionally struggles to recall correctly, though. She's aware they've happened, just not entirely certain of the way they happened. To be fair, she hasn't had any Methyl B12 or Benfotiamine for several months now, I think maybe ~5 months was the last time she had any? We sort of just ran out & forgot to buy more on Amazon...she's still on the B1 her doctor has given her, though. She also swapped jobs a few weeks ago, which the change in scenery & coworkers probably doesn't help with her memory issue. It's still a bookkeeping job, though. Just with a different company now. Her doctor even told her not to swap jobs sometime early on last year, maybe in May or June, apparently-- though I never heard that. Maybe if I had, I could've convinced her to reconsider. She still does her job excellently when her memory works. She even told me yesterday how well she did her job-- there was much more work than usual & she got it all done on the same day. The issue is when it doesn't, nobody but her really understands why, despite her telling her new coworkers of her cognitive disorder...
SoulfulYin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (01-12-2022), Lara (01-09-2022)