View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 08:33 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you bobby. You are far too kind
I've got all but one of the aircons on and I'm having a rest up this afternoon so I'm running the dehumidifier settings.
I just made delicious fritters for lunch.

Zucchini Fritters
  • 1 large grated Zucchini
  • 4 small grated Carrots
  • About a quarter of a grated Spanish Onion
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas that I poured a cup of boiling water over and then drained a few mins later.
  • pinch of curry powder and tumeric
  • pinch of salt and ground pepper
  • pinch of baking powder
  • About a 1/2 or so cup of chick pea flour. I just winged it so no idea how much really. Just enough to make it all stick together. (it's great as it holds it all together just like an egg would but I don't eat eggs any more so use this)
Cook in a little amount of oil in a pan. You could probably bake them in the oven too but it was too hot to bother about the oven so just used a little olive oil in a pan on the stove top.

I don't usually use salt at all but put a tiny bit in the fritters today. I have RLS so it seems to activate it if I eat it later in the day.

I live with my daughter again these days. Just the two of us here. She was away at university for a long time but came back home to live with me. We get on very well. I don't have bipolar disorder. I have a great long list of other things though. Especially anxiety. Terrible depression during my teens and early 20s. Had a lot happen to me as a child. Lost parents young and so always been feeling very much on my own. Had to be resilient.

We've talked here on and off pretty much all the time since the forum here began. It's been a long, long time. Both my children are on Autism spectrum (Asperger's) and have had some challenges with tics and anxiety and a long list of pluses especially when young. They're both very smart intellectually but not as emotionally smart. I don't get lonely so I am quite happy to be isolated. I have too much to do here really. I spend a lot of my life working outside. I've struggled with that lately but amazingly I've been able to keep it all on track. (that actually means - I force myself until I can't do it any longer and then I need a few days to recover, and then like a fool I go do it all over again. lol )

We've always had pets. Cats mainly but they've all left us now. They all lived for over 20 years so they had very good lives. Oh, except for the little himalayian persian who sadly died still young. We've also kept chickens (hens) for many years now but just last year we had some tragedy with neighbouring dogs with caused a lot of post trauma stress, and we've not got any more.

I don't sleep well but a lot of that is because of the heat or the pain or the restless legs or the brain. Waking up and overthinking at 2am is something we all do at times I guess.

Thank you for your kind words, bobby.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-10-2022), GeeLuv (01-11-2022), mymorgy (01-10-2022)