View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 02:43 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Can Alcoholic Neuropathy turn back completely to the beginning with just 2 beers?

I had severe and generalized Alcoholic Neuropathy symptoms (as Peripheral and Autonomic neuropathy) 2 years ago.

At that time I immediately 100% stopped alcohol, started wide range of Vitamin and Anti-Oxidants supports (including 1200 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid/day) for more than 1 year.

Symptoms persisted in first year and after that gradually disappeared. In last 6 months they were nearly all disappeared.

By this encouragement in last day I made a mistake! (very stupid of me)!
I miss beer too much and I said JUST for ONE TIME if I remember the taste of beer it may not effect bad on me very much. And I drank JUST 2 cans of Beer.

First day I didn't see any bad result, second day some Autonomic Symptoms (related with Vagal Neuropathy like Dispne, a bit Tachycardia) came back. Third day it increased a lot and it is severe like in the beginning like 2 years ago.

Now I am worrying too much. With JUST 2 BEER CANS (5% alcohol) can everything turn back to the beginning?? Can some irreversible damage happen with this amount of alcohol because it is a repeating event??

Or is this just small and first reaction damage, and in next period (days, weeks or few months) it can be recovered again (as it was recovered before)?
...and if I will not try any alcohol again (god knows I will NEVER EVER try again after this experience) I can be symptomless again?

Is there anybody who can know and say something on this point please?
damlays@gmail.com is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote