Thread: gaba
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 04:16 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

To answer the questions. Sorry, so many, it's difficult to condense.
-- please don't worry about me. --
I'll be fine. I garden and mow a very large area of grass with a ride-on mower. I enjoy it very much. I don't enjoy the line trimmer anymore because it's so heavy. I wouldn't use an emergency button and I dislike phones so no, don't carry one around.

These days I live in a cycle. I'm out of action for 7 to 10 days after my infusion pretty much. Sometimes it's less. Depends. Then I get active again until the next one if I can. I do have to spend lot of time resting now though. The Pembrolizumab/Keytruda that they are treating me with is very hard on the body but it's saved my life, so what do you do? This Pembro has a very long list of potential side effects so I have a lot of them and it's natural to get "down" and anxious with all that is going on. I refuse all hints of medications or allied health professionals etc that are sent my way at the hospital.

I don't usually take any medications if I can help it.

Now of course I have my infusions every 3 weeks. That's been for 2 years now.
I don't take anything specifically for RLS except Magnesium and no added salts. I also take a couple of other supplements like B12.

I do take 2 Propranolol for anxiety prior to two of my hospital visits every 3 weeks. I went through tubs of Inositol powder about 8 years ago but it didn't help at all.

I go to hospital on 3 separate days.1st for blood tests.2nd visit is with Oncologist.3rd day is for Infusion.

I have a terrible fear of hospitals and doctors but there are reasons for that and I'm not a people person.

Everything is cancelled for me at the moment because of a surge/peak of covid in my town (they opened the State border a week before Christmas and let all the infected people in so everyone then decided to party on as if there was no pandemic) and so all the sociable people like the nurses are sick so it's not safe for me to leave home and go to the hospital. Pathologies, Medical Imaging, Pharmacies, Doctor's offices, shops.. all contaminated with sick people running around positive and not knowing it because they're looking for Rapid Antigen Tests and there are none. Sheesh, you'd think they'd stay home if they thought they were positive. Rant over.

I don't drink alcohol or smoke pot but have no problem with other people doing that if they wish. lol
I don't eat meat products but if other people want to then that's their business, not mine.

We just talked about getting another kitten or cat rescue the other day. It's hard though because it's a huge commitment again. Our cats lived such long lives. I'd love to get more hens again though but it won't be while we're living here.

I do love reading. I used to have a huge library of books but over the years I've sold or given a lot of them away. I have some difficulty reading books a bit these days. My vision isn't what it used to be and I get a lot of headaches too. I do read a lot of medical literature/research. I enjoy music. Don't watch TV at all. I like foreign language movies, mostly Nordic/Scandi.

Last edited by Lara; 04-22-2022 at 04:15 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-11-2022), GeeLuv (01-11-2022), mymorgy (01-12-2022)