View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 04:21 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey Damlays,

It took roughly 4.5 to 5 months initially for me to return to normal the first time. I cannot be as specific the second time because I have adopted the attitude of just getting on with life and making the best of things. I was able to drink small amounts on several occasions, I suppose I became over confident. If I had to say a timescale maybe 3 months. It's strange that the symptoms become worse after cessation before they become better. I'm not sure I've ever been completely symptom free. If I become aware of my body thing is tingling here and there. But I choose, as I say, to ignore it.

What is Nucleo C.M.P Forte? It's not available in the UK. Do you have it on prescription? Where do you get it and what does it do?

Are you taking Vitamin B12 in addition to multi B ? In addition I would consider Benfotiamine the fat soluble version of B1. It means we can store it in our livers rather than have it pass through our body in our urine. Something else I would consider is Magnesium Threonate. Magnesium is great for nerve healing and symptom relief.

I find it extraordinary that a carb meal can cause you such pain. I am struggling to get my head round the mechanism for that. I am aware that high glucose levels in the blood are toxic for nerves. This is the basis of diabetic neuropathy. Carbs break down into glucose that can damage the small blood vessels that supply the nerves causing nerve damage and neuropathic symptoms. But this is a slow process. I have read that high glucose levels cause the nerves to swell cutting off blood supply to the nerves and pain however not from a reputable source.

Oxidative stress takes us to the world of free radicals and anti oxidants. I can't imagine that this would be the cause of your post meal pain as oxidative stress takes place with all kinds of foods and activities. Have you had this diagnosed or have you arrived at this conclusion yourself? If you have further reading links I would love to see.

Anti oxidants as I'm sure you know are essential to a healthy diet. The foods with the highest concentrations of anti oxidants are Amla. Are you familiar with this? I have this in powdered form and also Triphala Powder. I add it to my porridge and soups. Please note it is an acquired taste! Disguise it with something nice! A wide range of fruit and vegetables, especially green leafy and cruciferous vegetables and dark berries are also essentials. Green Tea and Hibiscus tea are also loaded with anti oxidants.

I hope you're making progress and I hope this helps. Please let me know your thoughts and about the Nucleo C.M.P Forte.

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote