View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 08:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

pcr polymerase chain reaction
This is the one that can be taken with the high nasal swab and they usually combine that with the back of throat swab as well. It's done by a nurse or doctor or pathology and it goes to the lab. It's not a rapid test. It is used to look at DNA for a specific virus. May all be totally different testing methods over there by the sound of it. Your blood test and finger prick ones are probably the same thing. Haven't heard anyone having those done here.

This PCR one was the only one used here until recently and then they brought in the rapid antigen tests (RATs) that people do themselves. Totally unreliable in my opinion because it seems to depend on what stage of the virus you do the test and also if you do the test correctly etc. etc.. They were brought in here at great cost to the consumer (you and me) and are now as rare as hen's teeth over here. (all just my opinions)

Hubby is out and about? Not sure that's a great idea. He probably needs to be tested sometime soon too, symptoms or not.

Keep an eye on your temperature. If you don't have a thermometer, ask a friend to buy one and drop it at the front door.

Last edited by Lara; 01-14-2022 at 08:38 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-14-2022), Dmom3005 (01-15-2022), mymorgy (01-15-2022)