View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 02:06 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Hey Damlays,

Thanks for your reply. First of all I want to say that it really is terrible that such a simple pleasure as a couple of beers could result in such awful symptoms. It really is, on several levels, an awful experience and having lived it, in some sense myself, I sympathize with you.

Thanks for the information about C.M.P Forte.

Yes I am taking both B12 and Benfotiamine. As I know because of Benfotiamine is fat soluble bioavailability is much more better than B1. But I didn't read anything about it is stored in liver. I will be glad if you share a link about that.

I can't find any links that say that. I have got it wrong. However I'm sure I read it somewhere. Maybe I assumed because it was fat soluble it could be stored. My mistake, sorry. Nevertheless, it is the superior form of Thiamine in terms of bioavailability and I'm glad you're taking it.

I am using ordinary Magnesium support instead of Magnesium Threonate. As I know the only advantage of Magnesium Threonate is easy passing Blood Brain Barrier (BBB), so it is good for treatment of Central Nervous System issues. But my case is about sensory and autonomic peripheral nervous system, I didn't think I need this advantange. Am I wrong?

No I don't think you're wrong. However I'm not sure its a good idea to separate the CNS and the PNS and Threonate as you say crosses the BBB. If it also protects my CNS then all the better. I also believe Threonate is the best form because of it's superior bioavailability and also its a molecule that helps with sleep.

I am very much interested in seeing your links. Once you have reached 10 posts you can do this. I am very much interested in the role of oxidative stress in your PN also the influence of diet.

Have you looked at Berberine. I discovered it from the "longevity community." I take it before meals. It has an action similar to metformin the diabetic medication. I wonder if it would help you and help alleviate post meal symptoms.

Berberine: A Powerful Supplement With Many Benefits

http://research.shahed.ac.ir/WSR/Sit...1093616358.pdf

This is another paper I think you'd be interested in. The role of dietary nutrients in PN Regeneration. It talks about ketogenic diets amongst other things.

The Role of Dietary Nutrients in Peripheral Nerve Regeneration

Hoping you're seeing some improvements,

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote