View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 02:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Food sensitivities - a glimmer of hope

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted, so I thought I'd give an update on where things stand. I have a plethora of posts here that tell my now 8-year saga of idiopathic SFN, so I won't rehash everything. I'm posting this in the vein of "if I can help just one person..."

Trying to keep this as short as possible and to the point, I have discovered over the past year that the severity of my neuropathic symptoms are directly tied to what goes into my mouth. I have developed dramatic food sensitivities that I believe are pretty-wide ranging, but I am -- after 8 long years of hell -- FINALLY able to exert some control of how badly I burn.

Food sensitivities aren't regular IgE allergies--they're your body's inability to properly process certain things in food. Everyone knows about gluten and lactose, but there are a slew of others that can cause issues...oxalates, salicylates, phenols, casein, etc... And what causes the processing problems? All kinds of things...gut damage, blocked pathways, enzyme deficiencies, mineral deficiencies, etc....

I believe my body is producing histamine when I eat something I can't properly process. Getting congested and sneezy isn't the only histaminic response your body can have. Histamine is a neurotransmitter, and depending which receptors are getting hit, a raft of symptoms can be produced, including neuropathy (Pleasure reading: Histamine, histamine receptors, and neuropathic pain relief)

So for everyone out there still suffering with idiopathic neuropathy, on the outside chance you have something like what I have, see if you can associate the severity of your symptoms with what you eat or drink. Eating "serially" and simply can help determine if it's part of your problem.

Happy 2022 to all.

Janie
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (01-17-2022), echoes long ago (01-18-2022), kiwi33 (01-18-2022), Lara (01-22-2022)