View Single Post
Old 01-30-2022, 04:53 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
I understand now. Thanks for explaining.
I'm sorry that I asked such a personal question then. I thought you must have meant vitamin type supplements.

I used to pay for medical insurance for all my working life. Now that I'm not working I couldn't ever afford it. Now I just go public hospital system (and it's far from perfect that's for sure). Thankfully we have that or I don't know what I'd do. I don't know how you all manage over there. We have a totally different system of course.

Has it been snowing in NY?

take care there.
it has been snowing but not that much. here most people who work get insurance from their company. some people take low paying jobs just to get that insurance.
i think if you worked you can get medicare at 65. I was on disability because of bipolar and when i turned 65 it went to medicare.. there is medicaid for lower income people but i am not sure how it works. i think you pay out a lot less and get more benefits. i am not really sure but i will check.
fondly.
bobby

meicaid

Income Eligibility Criteria. A single individual, 65 years or older, must have income less than $2,523 / month. ...
Asset Requirements. ...
Level of Care Requirements. ...
Nursing Home Eligibility. ...
Assisted Living Eligibility. ...
In-Home Care Eligibility. ...
Options When Over the Income Limit. ...
Options When Over the Asset Limit.

Medicaid costs are treated differently than Medicare. Unlike Medicare, Medicaid costs are not fixed, and are formulated based upon income and eligibility rules in states that offer Medicaid. Those costs can include premiums, deductibles, copays and coinsurance.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (01-30-2022), Dmom3005 (01-30-2022)