View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 11:34 PM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Attention And forward i go

so I will have to gather records and test info to carry with me since it is now clear the University of Iowa certainly won’t diagnose me with a muscle disorder much less MG or protect and improve my quality of life. I asked her 3 times so how do you explain my diaphragm paralysis. She has this thing of ignoring questions no matter how important. Finally because I was upset she answered well people can be injured say like in a car accident and damage that nerve. That on the heals of her bringing up Arthritis could make me weak I had had it. Forgive my frustration but boy is she now worse than she was. I was always clear she wasn’t at all good at reading bodies but this proof. She had forgot I had Covid And that Mayo diagnosed the diaphragm issue. I had brought the overnight oxygen test data sheets and gave them to her but she didn’t acknowledge the one that said I qualify for oxygen. I had sent them before. She rattled of what she considered proof I don’t have MG. And now I am trying to not think about the danger it would create if she stopped prescribing my Mestinon. I started to cry briefly in the appointment and said how much I need my Mestinon to walk and breath. I take solace in how afraid the Pulmonologist was last May at Mayo Clinic when he showed Jen and I the 2 X-rays a year apart and how my disfunctional diaphragm is moving up into my lung space making lungs smaller and yes when I lay down that gets worse and feels awful. And at end that doctor asked me if I could try to stand . Was in wheelchair that day. My daughter pulled me up and I stood but quickly collapsed. My daughter pleaded at end saying you I wake at 3am many nites knowing mom may call and has fallen and broken her leg. Of course my doctors only sign of caring was to offer another Nerve testing. And she blew off the need for a new MRI which the new Mayo neuro wants. I am still digesting all this and because I am sicker I will go to ER not Pulmo this week cause I can’t trust Iowa City docs to do the right thing. It is possible I have Covid again or I realized a former infection of CMV could have come back. I notified my Iowa City pulmo about blue toes and realized there are chilblains involved too. Also told GP practice. I am watching feet better. I just have to note the main issue for my neuro was supposed to be my right leg and how it is starting to “give out” at times with pain. She didn’t examine my leg. Honestly that is infuriating. Sculptor 44. o
Sculptor44 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (03-09-2022), Lara (02-01-2022)