View Single Post
Old 02-03-2022, 03:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Interesting.What on earth made you think of him?
Every Australian and New Zealander, especially of my generation and before me knows of Ataturk. There is a memorial to Ataturk in Canberra opposite our own war memorial. One quote attributed to him is said at the dawn service at what is now called Anzac Cove in Turkey every year on 25th April.

Very, very famous words from Ataturk reflecting on the loss of our soldiers over the in Turkey.
"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... you are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore, rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours... You the mothers who sent their sons from far away countries wipe away your tears. Your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

War is war. It's all bad.

I have used arnica cream for bruising, however it's very expensive. Not tried it for anything else. I'll look into it.

My pain is caused by my treatment. It's not something that will go away. It is my immune system being ramped up to teach it to fight off the bad tumours. It's quite fascinating how this medication (Pembrolizumab) works but it's very painful. I manage so don't worry about me. All good here. .
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-04-2022), Dmom3005 (02-04-2022), mymorgy (02-03-2022)