View Single Post
Old 02-06-2022, 03:16 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Ahh did not know that! Too bad because those images sure do reveal quite a lot. Am I able to post a link to them without making them an image appear on the post? That may help. Like can I "insert hyperlink" instead of "insert image"?

As for working from home. Yes on desk a lot with computer use but only phone use is through the meetings we have on our laptop. I have a set up at home that's comfortable enough that I don't need to bend/look down. Basically got myself a stand up set where, even if I'm sitting, I'm looking straight at the laptop. Any talking I do is through my laptop's speaker phone and works great.

DCs were useless. PTs however, were amazing. I became friends with them all over the years. They focused on anything and everything I brought up and any little issue I had, they would adjust the PT as necessary based upon my case. They were very good at reading the images too. So much so that they said "Had you presented this to us at the first PT session, we would have turned you away and told you to get surgery" and "I have never seen an MRI that bad before"

The PT only took me so far, plus insurance runs out at some point during the year at the end of the year The last PT session, I felt like I went a month longer than I probably needed to, though I cut it back to once a week. At some point, I stopped feeling any benefit. and figured that was the most I was going to get out of it.

I will definitely give the TOS a look. I'm a quick healer. I actually had zero issues post op like people typically do (tight muscles nope, swallowing problems nope, scar healed quickly and no post-op pain so I didn't need meds).

As for other factors, maybe my TMJ/Jaw Issues but everything came out at the same time and I'm in the process of getting this re-addressed again and it's much better than before.

I legit feel like something is "loose and broken" on the right side of my neck more upper cervical, that is why it concerns me.

One example of such, when I tried an exercise with a "shake stick" at my PT, on the left side I felt absolutely perfect. On the right side, I felt like something was loose and shaking around and the pain at the upper cervical was unreal that I had to stop the exercise and tell my PT that I was not continuing on with that after one session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
If you were linking to your images they didn't post.
New members are restricted from linking for a short time..
If you can attch any of written MRI reports, those might be better for us to help with.

I guess I have more questions for now..

I see you work from home , so I'm guessing at desk with al lot of phone & compute ruse?
That can be a factor for neck curvature changes and arm pain.

Did any PTs or DCs focus on neck/head/shoulder posture?
Did they quiz you each session if things felt better or worse and adjust the treatment if needed?
Or did those feel more like generic cookie cutter PT/DC treatments and not focused on your specific needs?
If they are doing generic protocols vs specific treatments for you it will be much less effective..

Any mention of tight muscles, trigger points, soft tissue etc?
Any past whiplash or head/ shoulder injuries?

Often surgery can take car of mechanical issues, but pain & other symptoms might still remain...

If computer/phone /reading with the forward head & arm postures fits for you, I suggest exploring our TOS forum sticky threads to see if some of it might fit for you..

It is possible to have a secondary factor along with the C spine issues..
There is also internal scar tissue that some have more problems with from injuries or surgeries...

You can also use the search tool on our site to find specific keywords in past posts.
Danylko95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote