View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 05:24 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Smile

Hi Mark,
Thank you for your interest and the thoughtful advice you included in your previous post. I added my answers to your questions below:

Q1:Tell us about your injury, diagnostics, therapies, and anything you have done to help yourself.

A1: I have had multiple head injuries including two falls on ice where I fell so that the back of my head hit the pavement. Both falls produced concussions and symptoms including nausea, brain fog and headache. I have also suffered two separate violent assaults where I was struck in the face and head with blunt objects, and fists. I have not had any diagnostic treatment due to the fact that I do not currently have health insurance. My new job will include insurance benefits and I am open to seeing a neurologist and any other health professionals that may be able to help. My latest injury is ten months old and I have suffered from memory loss, bad headaches, brain fog, and probably some PTSD although I have not been formally diagnosed. I was initially very depressed and suicidal but I rarely have these thoughts now. All of my symptoms have improved about thirty percent since I started having them ten months ago. I decided not to go ahead with Cognitive FX and I took your advice not to finance the roughly 11k that the travel and treatment would have cost. I have no regrets because having done so would have put me in a bad financial position for at least six years! Also, I don't know how I would react if I paid that money and the treatment did not work.

Q2: What is your chiro doing?
A2: I am not sure what the adjustments are called technically but they involve the neck and back with twisting motions while I am on my back. These adjustments have helped reduce all of my symptoms by maybe ten to twenty percent in the days after having them but I need to make at least two visits per week to continue to see improvement or to prevent falling back to the level I was at before the adjustments.

As I stated earlier I am open to any and all treatments they may offer relief from my symptoms. I have been focusing on my mental health by engaging in hobbies that I enjoy like flyfishing, glutting and painting. These activities have been a great way to relax and get out of my head. Thanks again for your help and have a good weekend!
Northwoods is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote