View Single Post
Old 02-13-2022, 06:18 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thanks very much. My Mother and Father died when I was young so it changed my life a lot. Father had been POW Changi and Burma Railway for 4 years after capture during the fall of Singapore WW2. He came home a broken man and then found happiness and married and had me and then his wife died and then I barely saw him ever after. I was sent off to some relatives aged 4 who weren't so nice.

Bula! Loved the Fijian people. I've been to Fiji twice. I loved Fiji very much. Spent time near Nadi in Sigatoka (sp?) and spent time on Treasure Island. I could live on Treasure Island. but that was in the money spending '80s so it was possibly after one coup and before a couple more.LOL They have had a few coups over the years. I don't want to be there during one.I spent time in Tahiti a few times. Japan a few times and some other places. All a long time ago now. Australians tend to be travellers. We're a long way off in the middle of the ocean and many of us have ancestors from other lands. I didn't get to see half of the places I would have liked to have seen.

I don't think you ever get over trauma completely. I spent years dealing with self-blame and a familial genetic predisposition to dysregulated brain chemistry. Then I married and had my children and that was another roller coaster.

I don't find peace in this world at all unless I'm on my own and in nature. It's no better here than anywhere. It's changed rapidly in my lifetime, just as your country has changed in your lifetime. It's all about the dollar. It's all totally beyond comprehension bobby.

Last edited by Lara; 02-13-2022 at 07:35 PM. Reason: wrote Lautoka but it was actually Sigatoka I remember now
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (02-13-2022), Dmom3005 (02-15-2022), mymorgy (02-14-2022), Wren (02-13-2022)