View Single Post
Old 02-14-2022, 07:32 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

While I cannot say that it is possible to have no pain, I have had SFN for 7 years and have very little pain except for slight tingling and sunburning in my arms and legs and a slight loss of balance (with a dosage that over time increased to 50mg of desipramine and 700mg gabapentin).
I was diagnosed 7 years ago by my neurologist with idiopathic SFN (a condition I attribute to statins) and do not have diabetes or any other health issues.
Recently, In an effort to find my minimum dosages, I gradually I reduced my prescriptions to zero and my tingling and sunburn sensations worsened especially at night making it difficult to sleep without an aid. In addition I also experienced a sharp toe pain (several events per week). Then I slowly increased my medications to a dosage of 25mg desipramine and 400mg gabapentin for which my symptoms are acceptable. Clearly my prescriptions provide some relief. However, my SFN continues to progress as measured by continued loss of balance. Whether my pain will stay the same or will increase in the future I cannot say.
Moosepack is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote