View Single Post
Old 02-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Newly Joined

3 yr Member
Newly Joined

3 yr Member

I'm another person who's developed tremors from taking ALA -- twice.

The first time I was taking a straight-ALA supplement (Solgar, I think, around 40 mg). After a few weeks I developed a hand tremor (which would temporarily go away if I completely relaxed my hands), and then a head bob. The only recent change in my routine was the ALA, so I stopped taking it, and the tremor gradually went away over the next few weeks.

A few years later I was interested in a hair-skin-nails supplement, but it contained ALA, which I vaguely recalled as causing me some sort of problem. It had only 10 mg, though, so I gave it a try. After a few weeks, I began to develop a tremor, and realized that must have been the problem I remembered having before. I kept taking it for a few more weeks just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, and it got worse, though never as bad as the other time. When I stopped taking it, the tremor gradually subsided, but seemed to take longer this time, several months at least.

It may be relevant that I'm borderline hypoglycemic. Also, I have several allergies/sensitivities with neurological symptoms ranging from brain fog to brief bouts of what I take to be severe clinical depression. Fortunately I've been able to identify the culprits, so I now avoid them!
HoosierBunny is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote