View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 10:12 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

Having written such a long post, I'd also add a few random things I forgot in case they are helpful:

--Among the many tests that were run (including multiple & varied Lyme disease tests, all negative, vitamin deficiencies, etc) I was also given an MRI to rule out Multiple Sclerosis, which was negative

--I also tried hypnotism several times. Didn't seem to help.

--Sometimes I wonder if my symptoms have really diminished as much as I think, or if I've just gotten used to them? I guess either way, its improvement (?). When I stop to think about my pain levels during "light" days of 1s and 2s level stings, I wonder if they used to feel like 3s and 4s...?

--Though I fully believe this to be a physical condition caused by trauma (in my case, an unnamed viral flu-like infection), I also believe with 99% certainty that there's a psychological aspect as well. For example, sometimes I can go for 3 or 4 days with essentially no stinging/burning and think to myself, "I've been feeling pretty good lately!" then 30 seconds to 2 minutes later... ZAP! Like an arrow fired from the karmic cosmos into my shin, or bicep, or thumb or... well, you guessed it... sometimes even THERE! I don't know... I try to keep a sense of humor about it, but man is it _hard_.

Like another poster said... if I could know that it will never get any worse from here, but also not any better, it's a deal I would sign immediately. The biggest frustration is trying to remain graceful while in so much pain, never knowing how long it will last or how intense it will be.
forrest1974 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (02-20-2022)