View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 12:42 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

I was diagnosed with anti-MAG about six years ago. Initially, my symptoms – numbness and pain in my feet – we're not a big deal, but things have progressed to a point where now my balance is gradually worsening, and I have sensory and motor issues in my hands. I've had IVIG and plasma exchange treatments, both with no side effects, but neither offered any improvement. Pain is managed nicely with Lyrica and Cymbalta. I'm scheduled to see my neurologist, and I'm sure Rituxan will be in the discussion. I'm inclined to try it, thinking it's the only thing that seems to offer some potential, but I am cognizant of the side effects, and the risk with Covid out there. I am 72 years old, in general great health, exercise frequently, and think I eat pretty well. All this said, I'm wondering if I'm missing something. Could diet change and/or supplements be worthy of consideration? What else? At some point, it's a matter of accepting and adapting, and just moving on with what I've been dealt. So, I would appreciate others thoughts on: anecdotal stories of rituximab – successes, side effects, risks with Covid, long-term treatment issues, etc.; anybody with experience with specialized diets – 525 protocol, Dr. Terry Wahl diet (I learned of these two diet plans from my participation in the mayo clinic chat group – check it out).

There doesn't seem to be a lot of recent posts to this forum thread. Am I missing something? Thanks a lot.
JKwis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote