View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 04:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

regarding the tick - The best place for doctors knowledgeable in Tick-borne disease in Australia would have to be in Northern New South Wales. I have some old info here somewhere but it might take time to find it and it might not be up to date. It's only been in recent times that our government has even acknowledged that such a thing exists so you're not going to find too many main stream physicians who have treated any of the unfortunate and forgotten patients who are dealing with symptoms similar to Lyme after being exposed to a tick bite.

The Doctor I was thinking about is from Bellingen NSW which is mid north coast I guess. He is Intergrative Medical Practitioner. There is more information available on The Karl McManus Foundation website.
Who We Are - Karl McManus Foundation

There is also a very well known doctor on the Sunshine Coast who treated people by using hyperthermia and very huge doses of vitamin C.. He treated patients with what was termed Chronic Infectious and Inflammatory Disease and Environmentally Acquired Illness but I notice he had been reprimanded by the Health Ombudsman of Qld.. I wasn't aware of that until yesterday. It seems that because "Lyme Disease" isn't recognised in Australia, then practitioners can't say they can treat it whether that is as Lyme, or as CIID or EAI because they are not recognized medical conditions here. At least, that's what I understood from reading the information about the reprimand.

I'm a little confused about the actual name "White matter disease". Is that an umbrella term for many different conditions or is it a symptom of many different conditions?

btw, if you have available $ means to consult alternative doctors, there are a large number of Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine doctors in places like Cairns. Probably Townsville as well I don't know. Sometimes if you're getting no help from your Neuro or Hospital doctors, then it can be worth having an appointment with someone like that. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Lara; 02-20-2022 at 06:14 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (02-21-2022)