View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 09:08 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
regarding the tick - The best place for doctors knowledgeable in Tick-borne disease in Australia would have to be in Northern New South Wales. I have some old info here somewhere but it might take time to find it and it might not be up to date. It's only been in recent times that our government has even acknowledged that such a thing exists so you're not going to find too many main stream physicians who have treated any of the unfortunate and forgotten patients who are dealing with symptoms similar to Lyme after being exposed to a tick bite.

The Doctor I was thinking about is from Bellingen NSW which is mid north coast I guess. He is Intergrative Medical Practitioner. There is more information available on The Karl McManus Foundation website.

There is also a very well known doctor on the Sunshine Coast who treated people by using hyperthermia and very huge doses of vitamin C.. He treated patients with what was termed Chronic Infectious and Inflammatory Disease and Environmentally Acquired Illness but I notice he had been reprimanded by the Health Ombudsman of Qld.. I wasn't aware of that until yesterday. It seems that because "Lyme Disease" isn't recognised in Australia, then practitioners can't say they can treat it whether that is as Lyme, or as CIID or EAI because they are not recognized medical conditions here. At least, that's what I understood from reading the information about the reprimand.

I'm a little confused about the actual name "White matter disease". Is that an umbrella term for many different conditions or is it a symptom of many different conditions?

btw, if you have available $ means to consult alternative doctors, there are a large number of Functional Medicine and Integrative Medicine doctors in places like Cairns. Probably Townsville as well I don't know. Sometimes if you're getting no help from your Neuro or Hospital doctors, then it can be worth having an appointment with someone like that. Just my opinion.

They have been removing doctors who treat Lyme's like illness, de-registering them. The doctors professional medical assesment is worth nothing, instead beuracracy us deciding arbitrarily inappropriate harm. This has been going on for decades here, clamping down in doctors doing much past what they dictate with disasteros results. It will be driven by a small group who thinks things fit into a narrow range that their desired professional segment thinks. This is group think, and is a psych delusion.. So, everybody is pretty scarred to step out of line and act independently.

I think you will find a number of Lyme's like doctors have disappeared, despite it being completely untrue to say that Lyme's can't be brought into the country. One has to ask about the motivations to think such things. There are news reports of someone who caught Lyme's bear New York, was officially diagnosed there, come back to Australia, and can not get treatment for their system health services, as they don't accept it can be in Australia, but that it can be acquired from overseas, even though, this is exactly what had happened to the person refused subsequent treatment against the rules. The added complication, is that the treatment protocol is very naive, different biochemistry of people react differently, so it may not clear, it may stay withing biofilm etc etc, and I think the immune system eventually reduced or stops anti-body production, not to mention the many types of the bacterium that can evade tests, or which the standard test is not so broad or high enough efficacy. Since the whole handling of Lyme's is inappropriate in this country, it can s hard to get suitable treatment.

I remember maybe 25 years ago, heari.g on radio news, how some doctor had been pulled up for using vitamin b or something. The thing is, that as they try to micromanage (please note the psych) the professional structures to more and more minor segments, to funnel patients and money to segments that doctors could previously address, the doctor has no right left to address that in surgery. Hence, we have "nutritionists" which took away a lot of doctors nutrition related rights to treat. A lot of these professions, have diseases they can not treat, but if you spend a long time, you find there are people who know how to treat, and alternative treatments which are very effective compared to the conventional. The doctors are cut off from the real base evidence, and not allowed to use it, while the treatment options are deliberately funneled into pharmaceuticals protected by requirements for big, and ever increasing, trials. Hence, no non payment treatment has a hope to reach such trials, and the trial standards are aggregate and also unsuitable for treatment in complex multi-functional systems,, however would give perfect statistical significance for magic wands. Which is not that good of science as to only look for one type of result that has to be so clear as to rise out of the statistical noise of all the people it didn't work on (which hides subgroups it did work on).

Another complications for people with Lyme's, is that the pathology often attracts multiple parasite vectors, and maybe specific unusual ones. Which of course, for these unfortunate people, can't exist and evidence can't exist, and so in-depth examination can't exist.

Cairns and Townsville, I think most of those doctors are long gone, or books are full.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote