View Single Post
Old 02-24-2022, 03:20 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Great to see an active thread. So often I have taken the time to research and post answers to see no replies. It would be good to get feedback and updates from the people who start these threads.

Scared,

Great to see you have made positive changes in your life. You are well on the way to recovery.

I take Magnesium Threonate because it helps with sleep. It is also able to cross the blood brain barrier and is beneficial for brain health. See references below. I take 200 to 300mg a day. However in terms of PN probably has no advantage.

Magnesium L-threonate prevents and restores memory deficits associated with neuropathic pain by inhibition of TNF-α - PubMed

Magnesium threonate: Benefits, side effects, dosage, and more

Thinking of Agate's wise words, and as you probably know, excessive B6 is known as a cause of PN.

[How much vitamin B6 is toxic?] - PubMed

I heard David Sinclair on a podcast recently saying that pulsing supplements may be more effective means of taking them, that is taking supplements every other day. I certainly think a rest from them is a good idea from time to time.

You have to remember Scared that there will be people reading your posts that would dream of having your level of symptoms. As disconcerting as they are, here's a thought, what if you thought of them as trivial? In my experience I just became bored with noticing tingling and shooting pain. They are not life changing. As soon as you realise that, you are in control and you can get on with the rest of your life. A simple NLP technique is to replace what you have in your mind when you notice a shooting pain with an image of something funny. Confuse the pain.

If there is an upside to aclohol induced PN it is the joy of getting better. If you remove alcohol from your life, this will inevitably happen. You take away the cause of PN eventually your body will heal. You have to be patient. You're only 3 months or so in. You will be okay. You will get through this.

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote