Thread: My White Garden
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Too lovely for words

Oh thank you so much for these recent additions.I just pray that I can do your choices,justice. I am sorting through various plant nurseries inbetween posting so that I can be sure to get the delivery times right for best growing opportunity.I am spending the next few weeks preparing the bed,lots of diggiing to do which I plan to start later today.Yes. I am doing the digging.I don`t just aim to opt for the "pretty" bits.I can take the rough with the smooth and am not afraid of some hard graft.And I hope this reflects how determined I am to make this succeed...PD WILL NOT STOP ME....although I fell this morning whilst stupidly attempting to walk whilst my dystonia was in full flow.DOH.
Chris....such is your charm young man...lol . Already some kind female has bailed you out and come to your aid...listing possible choices.[ meant in the nicest of ways ]But I still think it would be fun if you browsed the list and came up with a fitting name suited to you. Gosh..I`m a hard taskmaster.
Aquario. A fitting choice for the location.Some of the flower beds will be amongst trees...so your choice is just perfect.My trees also,are incredibly old...so the bark itself provides a lovely textured backdrop which these beautiful hydrangeas can lean against.I have found 4 varieties which will be suited for the uk climate and can`t wait to plant them.Thank you.
Indigogo.The gardenia.Breathtakingly beautiful with its glossy green foliage against pure white flowers.I shall plant this in a pot and set it amongst the other flowers...and perhaps by a seat where its divine perfume can really be enjoyed.
Kiza...a plant which until today I was not aware of but so fitting for a cottage garden.I discovered that rabbit manure brought one gardeners Cleome bush to a height of 9 feet !!! So...I guess I shoould invest in some rabbits and make them work for their keep.Thank you for this. It is a lovely flower.
shcg. Have you read the book Bury my heart at Wounded Knee...all about the Trail of Tears,and a subject close to my heart.I adore the writings of Chief Dan George also...so simple yet so profound.What a lovely story and given your permission,it would be nice to include this in the inventory I aim to write.I would love to log the whole list of choices for folk to read so if your choice has a personal meaning that can be made public this too would enhance and give the purpose of OUR garden,greater importance and intimacy.
My grateful thanks once again.I hope you realise just how valuable this all is,to me.So encouraging and each post just serves to fuel my imagination and my determination even more.
Bless all of you.
Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote