Thread: Venting
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2022, 10:10 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Venting

long story short.....I friend of mine passed away about a month ago....It was a surprise and really hit me hard...One of the first people I met when I moved 1700 miles from were I lived my whole life till my accident.

I lady who rented him a room was so kind and had a nice gathering in honer of him. I am still so grateful as it has given me some closer on saying goodbye.

She sends me a text yesterday see how Im holding up, again how wonderful of her.

After his death I spun out of control into deep depression, didnt do or see anyone for 2 weeks....

I tried to explain that brain injuries and depression are good friends of each other....The part that gets me worked up, is when someone tells you its all in your head....well yea, thats were my injury is! duh

It bugs me to know end....I know when Im depressed thats why I keep away from everyone...Just the slitest thing can set me off....anger driven by PTSD why cant people understand that?

I dont want this depression, I dont want this TBI, but guess what it is now part of my life....I cant change that.....I just wish healthy people would listen and not give stupid advise, as they have never walked in my shoes one day!

I am now happy I crawled out from under that rock.....I did it myself....yes my shrink sure helped....But I did it.....so please dont throw advise around if you have no idea what your talking about or dont suffer from problems like I have!
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-05-2022)