View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi all,

Mark, I started years ago reading up on the side effects of meds. Besides getting on line, Reader's digest has a book that names them all and even goes into more detail about the side effects. Mine is an old copy about 5 years old but I still use that thing often.

I watched Bill's meds and he was on one that really did a job on him. The Drs. put him on it 3 times and he'd have such bad side effects. I sometimes wonder why they hand out so many old meds instead of trying some of the new ones. Although they too have side effects. I couldn't take Oxycontin nor use the moraphine patch nor a lot of them.

I have been on Methadone for over 4 years and my dosage is low enough that I don't see any side effects.

I agree though, no one should worry about getting hooked on meds if they are in the pain RSD people go through. Just mainly worry about the side effects. There's too many out there to stay on one you can't handle.

As far as natural remedies. I've had Drs. to write down names of them so I know some do believe in them and as someone else said, Debby I believe, a lot of Naturalist don't believe in prescription meds that to me is just as bad. I have seen people go off of heart meds and cancer meds and other things they really need because they think all natural is better. Not in all cases I don't think.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote