View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 11:36 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

i buy bags of salad i can't win.i wonder if you wind up suffering from depression with your drinking.liquor it helped my father and he had a low tolerance so he got drunk fast and didn't drink much. he didn't look like a drunk.
i just order a big bottle of scotch and two bottles of bristol cream. i think it is worth a try and i will be 78 in may. i don't think i will live enough to cause damage. i won't be a heavy drinker.
love,
bobby

We found that total low-to-moderate alcohol drinking (5 to 15 g/day) was associated with lower risk of depression. A stronger inverse association was found for low-to-moderate wine-drinkers (two to seven glasses/week).Aug 30, 2013

We found that total low-to-moderate alcohol drinking (5 to 15 g/day) was associated with lower risk of depression. A stronger inverse association was found for low-to-moderate wine-drinkers (two to seven glasses/week).Aug 30, 2013

Is alcohol in moderation good for anxiety?
At first, drinking can reduce fears and take your mind off of your troubles. It can help you feel less shy, give you a boost in mood, and make you feel generally relaxed. In fact, alcohol's effects can be similar to those of antianxiety medications.

Older adults with GAD appear to use alcohol at an increased rate, but mild-to-moderate drinkers do not appear to experience sleep difficulties. In fact, use of a modest amount of alcohol may be beneficial for minimizing the association between anxiety/worry and insomnia among older adults with GAD.

Nevertheless, moderate alcohol consumption has been associated with a reduction of some health risks; for instance, compared to non- drinkers, moderate alcohol drinkers display a reduced risk of coronary artery disease11, ischemic stroke11, heart failure11, and type 2 diabetes12.

Last edited by mymorgy; 03-10-2022 at 12:02 PM.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-11-2022), Dmom3005 (03-10-2022)