View Single Post
Old 03-12-2022, 10:52 AM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member

Thanks for your long and thoughtful reply. I will check out the websites! I so agree with everything you wrote and also find it disturbing that the oncologists don't seem to care about this side effect and know nothing about it except that chemo caused it. My oncologists reaction when I told himm aboutit worsening was: "I'm not surprised". And had no other 'advice'... He seemed to think that I was really strange for asking for a consult with a neurologist. I figured I had nothing to lose and maybe from neurologist's experience, he might have something to offer. Anyway, I won't go on about my oncologist; suffice it to say that if I could switch, I would. I live in Canada and it's really difficult to make a switch.

I finished chemo about 8 months ago. I am now on a TKI and it seems to have a peripheral neuropathy worsening in about 2% of cases - with my luck, that's probably me! Hope not.

I also cannot give up exercise. I've always exercised and find it so vital for stress control.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply and wishing you all the best on your cancer journey.

May I ask why you said to take care of toenails. I'm asking because I have a couple of weird toe nails and seeing a podiatrist in a couple of weeks. But I had those toenail problems before chemo... I can't even describe the problem
JaneClaire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote