View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 11:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Daniella,

gosh, well done for coming out of the anorexia.

(I always think I have the opposite kind of disease, because I always think I am soooo skinny, even when I was nearly balloon shaped. I was so balloon shaped that the measuring tape would barely go around me... and when I lost an inch I felt like everything was solved.

Now I'm afraid you won't like me...

I've lost over 10 inches around my waist... now that I can more more. I was sick in bed and couldn't move... I need to lose another 10.)

Okay... sorry.

The blood tests are ... they are hard to talk about because in the case of B12 it is so... superficial.

I have got to look for the article I had on how the only way to really see what someone's B12 level is, is a spinal tap.

That's because the amount of B12 in our tissue is much lower, if we are deficient, than it is in our blood.

Equally, because we have a lot of B12 in our tissue to start out, when we are young and healthy, it takes a long long time to deplete it. So we can sort of ignore the symptoms... for a long long time.

But then... sometimes there is permanent nerve damage before replacement is given.

My neurologist said I could recover for years... and that's been true.

But I get so wiped out by stress. This morning all ready I had a leg buckling episode... so of course I don't want to walk when there's such a risk of falling... and I don't want to gain the weight back, either... so it's not happy making.

Well, in need to say, before I stop writing, that your post made me smile. It's such a good thing to learn to pay attention to our own bodies.

((((((((((Daniella))))))))))))