View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well, the only thing that MAY have influenced my toes were that yesterday I bought a brand new pair of crocs. Hot pink. I wore them around the corner at 6 p.m because I made a brand new batch of blueberry muffins and my neighbors go nuts over them, so I went around the corner carrying my muffins and wearing the hot pink crocs. Now these crocs are different than the black ones I ususually wear. They are a big smaller. My middle toe is longer than the thumb toe (on each foot, and my doctor noticed that the other day when he was measuring my feet for my new (insurance paid) pair of diabetic shoes. He said out loud "oh, your middle toe is bigger than your thumb toe".

So yesterday, I put on these hot pink crocks and I noticed two things immediately. They were a bit smaller than my black ones (didn't bother me at all). And when I slipped my foot into the shoe, the prickly things that stick out in the sole, well I FELT THESE PRICKLY THINGS. Didn't feel them on the back crocks.

I just said "oh, wow, my feet are getting an acupressure workout". After two minutes, I don't even notice them, because I sat on my friend's porch.

So as soon as I got home at 8 p.m. I took off my crocks. The spasm in my big toe happened at 2 a.m. So I really don't think (or don't know) if it had anything to do with the crocs.

I just spoke to my friend Esther and she said "oh my god, I used to have toe spasms every single night, I would watch the toe go straight up and you can see the bone go up as the toe goes up". "And there's nothing you can do, you just have to walk it off until the muscle spasm goes away".

Last night at 2 a.m. I wasn't about to go walking around the house in the dark, so I just took my right foot and gently pried the spastic toe downwards. It was very very painful, (didn't really know that toe spasms could be so painful).

Because all my life I've had spasms here and there, (in the calf, in the chest, in the bladder (they lasted for years and I wanted to kill myself, and I went to doctor after doctor and they never found anything). And the odd thing about the bladder spasm was that it mimics a bladder infection, only you pee normally, but you always have the urge to pee. Imagine having this feeling "down there" for 4 years. I was going through hell with my son at the time.

Well, one day I went to my doctor and said "I need muscle relaxers, maybe that will help". I did not take any xanax, I did not take anything during this time, so I figured the muscle relaxer (I think it was SOMA), I thought it would help.

So I fill the prescription, I took it home, and I was prepared to take it before bedtime. I will never forget what happened. Before I even took one pill, I was in the shower and the hot water was going on my body and it was like I took 10 muscle relaxers, my bladder just stopped spasming. I will never forget that. I never had to take any of the muscle relaxers.

This is why I feel that this is all in my head. My whole stress level affects my body. I know there is nothing we can do about the stress in our lives, only how we deal with the stress. I've dealt with a 26 year son who lives 3000 miles away who is a compulsive gambler and who never comes out of his room and who never gets off the computer.

I have had to put the worry about him about of my mind and heart. I have had to detach my mind from what he is doing.

I've been able to do this, but at what cost? It's like my son and I no longer have any connection. Don't know if anybody out there in PN land can identify with what I'm talking about. But when you go through this, your body has to react in some way.

And I think my body (in my sleep) is spasming.

I just took a co Q10 (my friend said it helped her enormously with her spasming toes). I guess I'll give it a try.

Isn't it odd that it only happened at 2 a.m. and lasted for 30 seconds. I think I would have lost my mind if it lasted any longer.

Oh, and this is important. What do I do if it happens again?? Do you put heat or ice on a spasm?? I never like ice on my body. Only warm compresses. Do you think that's a good thing for a spasm??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote