View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 05:28 PM
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Newly Joined

2 yr Member
Unhappy I'm new to NeuroTalk and want to introduce myself

Hi I am a 55 yo woman with a history of extensive childhood trauma (a PTSD diagnosis,) anxiety and depression, ADD, inability to lose weight and (a resulting eating disorder) am in need of a disc replacement in my cervical spine, but in spite of all of this, I had somehow managed to be reasonably high functioning (as an international lawyer) until I got a minor concussion about a year ago (March 2021) since then I have experienced debilitating fatigue, cognitive dysfunction and autonomic nervous system issues that nobody can figure out how to manage. The good news is that through a very intentional meditation practice I have developed better coping mechanisms and ways of dealing with my feelings and trauma triggers than I was able to do in 30 years of cognitive behavioral therapy. So in a strange way, it's been a gift. On the other hand, I only have a couple of hours of semi-funtionctional time a day. I have no caretaker ( no partner or children and the rest of my family is not local and the relationships are complicated) so I have barely been surviving. Although I am grateful to be alive, I want to move into recovery and figure out how to have some sort of meaningful life. Glad to have found this forum and curious to poke around.
mykintsugibrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote