View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 03:38 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default Therapy for Anxiety

Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to heal from concussion-related anxiety? After chatting with my PCP and psychiatrist, we agreed that the vast majority of my remaining symptoms (extreme sensitivity to physical contact/light bumps/tense shoulders and neck/morning nausea) are related to anxiety and trauma.

Their explanation is that my amygdala has become over-sensitive to any contact and will trigger a fight or flight response & recollection of the past injury, and that I need to deprogram my brain to return to normalcy.

Aside from a few recommended supplements (vitamin b, magnesium, fish oil), my psychiatrist also recommended me to pursue biofeedback and EMDR in addition to standard talk therapy to expedite my recovery. They were relatively hopeful about the timeline - in addition to the 10 weeks since the injury, they project another 2-4 months to return to baseline if I'm aggressive enough with rehabilitation. Has anyone here had any success or recommendations with resolving concussion anxiety?

P.S. I've been prescribed a low dosage for Klonopin for emergencies, but haven't used them at all nor am I planning to. Tried a SSRI but had an adverse reaction to it. I prefer non-medication routes as well - exercise, diet, and therapy.
Seattledrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote