View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 11:16 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member
Default Anxiety Inventing a Hit to the Head

I was playing tennis yesterday, and I had a hard fall. Of course, I tried to protect my head as much as possible, and so, after falling, I was content to at least come away from it without hitting my head.
In retrospect, however, I can't seem to remember the exact procession of events during the fall, and so I have this anxiety that I in fact did hit my head even though I have no recollection of doing so.
I'm bruised in several places due to the hard court, and striking the hard surface of a tennis court with my head would easily be a TBI, thus my anxiety. This anxiety, however is clearly taking too much control, and so I want to know how to deal with it as it drives me to constantly review this event and almost rewrite its narrative, if you will.
Do I give myself a clear message directly after the fall so that in fact remember not hitting my head? Do I try to recollect as hard as possible and remember what happened? Alternatively, do I simply let go?
If anyone has this sort of anxiety response where you almost invent the possibly of hitting your head, please chime in and let me know what you think. If this is a concussion, so be it, but I have to train myself to deal with the anxiety either way.
Thanks!
Tyler
Tbaughcome is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote