View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 11:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Brainfog123,

Do not try to project what you may or may not be able to do in the future. You will be surprised to see how resilient the brain is at adapting to the various changes. Your anxiety about 'oooh brain damage' will only make anything that does manifest much worse.

I've lived with brain damage that effected my memory and cognitive skills since I was 10 years old. (57 years ago) As my neuro said, I have used my intelligence to overcome the limits my damaged brain would normally cause.

I've had 4 different experts tell me how screwed up my brain is based on testing. Two claimed I must have faked the testing some way because I function at a much higher level that the testing indicates I should function.

The other two are just amazed at how I have been able to function at a high level despite my damaged brain. They both recognize that I have used my intelligence to develop work-arounds to get past my brain's limitations.

So, get on with your life. You don't need to rest. You need to learn how to moderate your efforts. Switching tasks when you start to sense brain fatigue can work. A 10 minute change of task can be all it takes to get back on track.

If you have struggles, post them and I will tell you what I do when I encounter those same or similar struggles. I've got a lifetime of experience with additional brain trauma along the way. A very serious event in 2001 caused me to really need to learn work-arounds.

Don't let worry predict failure.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote