View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 01:47 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

1. No. They were not even subconcussive impacts. You triggered into an anxiety reaction. You are not thinking logically. Your brain is playing old memories and making you think they are real.

2. You might benefit from an SSRI to help you not have anxiety reactions. Talk to your therapist.

I have seen many on NT in the past 10 years who could not overcome these issues until they finally gave their mind a break with an SSRI or SNRI medication. I hate meds but know they are the only solution for some and temporary use can be justified.

Your workout routine suggests you are tightly wound. This is the primary pre-existing condition for the Concussion Anxiety Disorder you are manifesting. 80% of people with prolonged symptoms had a prior OCD, anxiety, or depression struggle.

Your exercising was your self-medicating for your mental struggles. It can work well until you make it worse with a real concussion. Then, you need help.

I hope you can find the help you need.

Over the last decade, I have answered these illogical "Did landing hard on my pillow cause a concussion?" too many times. Then, I was answering the same question while my wife was recovering from cancer surgery. I decided NO MORE.
Life hands us real struggles but some choose to make illogical events into struggles.

Everybody gets one chance with me.

I wish you the best as you look for help. Don't let anybody tell you these head contacts were damaging. They were not.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote