View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 12:42 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default That makes sense

Thank you Mark for your feedback - I totally agree that anxiety/PTSD is the root cause for the vast majority of my problems. Upon further reflection, you were spot-on about anxiety in my past. I've always been more prone to stress and irrational fears, especially about health, even though I didn't realize it

Aside from SSRIs, do you have any other recommendations or experience with how folks resolved their anxiety/PTSD with concussions? I tried Lexapro briefly, but the side effects were too rough to continue - definitely worth trying another SSRI to see if my body reacts a little better to different medication. I do have an emergency stash of low-dosage Klonopin prescribed to me, but I prefer less addictive and and a more healthy long-term solution. I've heard EMDR, biofeedback, and exposure therapy (sports psychology) are also effective.

As a side question - my "head/neck" is still very sensitive to jostling - even walking roughly sends a "bumpy" sensation to my brain. This happens even when I'm less anxious or on Klonopin, which leads me to believe there may be something that hasn't healed yet physically. In your experience, can a subtle upper neck injury be the source of this sensitivity to bumpy walks/roads? I do notice my perceived bumpiness and dizziness increases on weeks where my neck hurts.
Seattledrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote