View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 06:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have a question for a lot of you with more time and knowledge on all of this. What are the thoughts on alcohol in food prep? I have an aunt who I am finding out uses libations in food. At Thanksgiving and Christmas, she mentioned using peppermint schnapps for a frosting when she was out of peppermint extract. That honestly didn’t seem to be an issue.

I know I also have the “confounding variable” of an adverse antibiotic reaction, and it causes flares at random. I could tell I had a small fiber flare starting before Easter. I also found after the fact that my aunt’s delicious bacon had a brown sugar/bourbon glaze. And as she put it, you mix it thick.

I am sure in the grand scheme, the peppermint frosting was negligible in amount. The bacon glaze might be too, but thought I would see what some of you feel about just how sensitive alcoholic neuropathy symptoms are to even things like this?

In general, it’s crazy how neuropathy has been for me. A month ago I felt pretty normal and had actually bought some new dumbbells for my workouts. Lots of ups and downs…
ajwinpain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote