Old 04-27-2022, 06:59 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member
Default Trying to Figure Out my Next Steps

Coronavirus in January
Shingles Late January
Went back to work (Truck Driver) after shingles

February Trigeminal nerve fired over top of my head and into my right eye,
Felt like someone was stabbing me with a knife in my neck right through to my eye and started twisting it around. Pain at the top of my head was unbearable. I started screaming and pulled over. I went back to terminal and told then I had to see a doctor.

I was diagnosed with TM. I am up to 1500 mg of Gabopentin and 120 mg of Trlipetal a day.

When I first talked to my nuerologist I was in a lot of pain and told him I did not want to live like this. He said 6-9 months of drugs and I should be OK. Now after 3 months I asked him yesterday to discuss alternate forms of treatment with me. He said I only do this. which is to prescribe drugs and talk to me for about 5 minutes once a month. I said I would like his opinion on other treatments like Gamma Hot Knife and he got all upset, and told me I would be on medication the rest of my life, He walked out on me and scheduled my next appt for 4 months from now. I guess he had other patients to get to and I guess my allotted time was up.

My chiropractor has been kicking my butt but he is making progress. I can actually touch the right side of my face now and sometimes stand in a breeze without running back in the house.

So Iam faced with
Finding another nuerologist
Trying myfacial release. No insurance and high cost.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to live my life medicated, but I tried reducing and that doesn't work.

I just want my life back.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
TN Really Hurts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote