View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 04:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Ley View Post
My adopted son has various diagnoses = double translocations of chromosomes 7/8 and 10/11
moderate intellectual disability, epilepsy, ocd, adhd, .?schitophenia / bi-polar, deformity of the feet, and can become very aggressive at times.
Since our government closed large residentials and moved our special people out into group homes I have been arguing with the untrained staff who feel they know better than the medical fraternity and want to remove the diagnosis of epilepsy from my sons diagnosis because it is many years since he was observed to have a major seizure — now, David’s previous Psychiatrist said ( and I agree ) that this is because he is correctly medicated and when he has periods of aggression it is because of some type of ceberal irritation ie: epileptic activity. David is 42yrs old, very tall, loving, outgoing but unable to do many activities ( I feel) because his concentration capacity is short - he can see how you do things and cannot understand why when he does the same thing it gets him into trouble.
Dr Ralul Jandiae gives me hope with his electric signals and latest treatment, that there may be some help for David , he is like a filing cabinet and we have lost the key to an important drawer, I would value your advice. Many thanks for the YouTube videos.

Welcome. A cousin of my mom's has a son with multiple disabilities as well. He has the capacity, brain function wise, of a toddler and hardly grew past that, but he is a grown-up man as well and that is the hard part. They do not know their own strength.
- chondromalacia patellae both knees
- RSD both legs (late diagnosis, almost 3 years into RSD) & spread to arms/hands as of 2008
CRPSbe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote