View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Finally diagnosed

After 6 months of doctors trying to tell my son that the vomiting and nausea he had every morning was due to stomach problems (even though he told them he had probably sustained a concussion days before he fell ill) he was finally diagnosed this week with PCS-and by a gastroenterologist at Children's Hospital in Boston.

He had months earlier undergone ultrasounds of his stomach, kidneys, liver and spleen, had an upper gi and an endoscopy and a lot of blood work-all which were inconclusive. One doctor told him he was suffering from Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome.

Now that we know what is the proper diagnosis he is going to have a treatment called "LENS" which stands for Low Energy Neurofeedback System. Although his first session is not until later this week, what I understand it to be is a procedure that monitors and analyzes EEG (brain activity) using the EEG information as feedback. The signals which are recorded through electrodes influence the feedback and normalize the brain activity. It is supposed to improve functioning much quicker than other forms of neurofeedback and it is FDA approved.

I googled it and got a lot of information. I will get back with how it is going.
rugbymom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote