View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 05:19 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
What is BJJ? Is that a fighting reference?

If you are engaged in fighting sparring, I am sorry but I will not respond to questions. That is foolish. A choke? Really? Do you know what a choke does? It screws up your neck.

You took antinausea meds?

Sorry. You know what is causing your problems.

Asking about continuing in a fighting activity is like asking if you can have sex until you are a little bit pregnant.

An injured brain is an injured brain.

Hi Mark

Sorry I'll try and clear a few things up because I feel like some of your comments might be mislead from my information.

I am engaged in fighting/sparring but not boxing etc. I am involved in BJJ which is Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. We grapple and there are no strikes. 90% of our fighting is done on the ground as well. So imagine wrestling but probably safer than wrestling. We control our opponents and submit them via chokes, joint locks and compression locks.

Yes I do know what a choke does. Well actually, if we are being technical we apply both choke types - One being "strangulation" to cut off the carotid artery which is the primary attack we use and then a "choke" which attacks the windpipe which isn't used as much.

But yes, I understand it can be hard on the neck but it has actually helped by strengthening my neck as well.

Yeah I did take anti nausea meds. Is this a bad thing? If it is please advise as if I shouldn't be taking them I'd like to know. I was prescribed them.

I understand you saying continuing fighting seems stupid but, it has been an entire 14 months since my last concussion (2nd one), so I have taken the time to heal and not rushed back into it.
DeanBJJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote