View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 03:42 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

If you take anti-nausea meds to hide your concussion symptom of nausea, you have no way to tell if your brain is recovering. The same goes for pain meds.

You should not be on the mat/training floor if you have any symptoms.

If you are totally symptom free without meds for a month, activities might be considered. This is known as Return to Play. This has been well researched with goals of athletes returning to the sport at the earliest time. It only reduces risks of Second Impact Syndrome and injuries due to coordination/balance deficiencies. It does not mean your brain has recovered.

btw. Doctors prescribe meds to treat your symptoms/complaints, not to help you heal/recover.

Concussions NEVER heal. We can recover from the obvious symptoms but the brain will always have the injury.

Neck holds may cause you to work to strengthen your neck but the area at risk is unstable even with good muscle tone. As you try to resist a choke, you put strain on the cervical joints with your own muscle action. I actually had a doctor who used my own muscle strength to move my cervical vertebra. He held my head steady and had me try to turn my head. He claims it would help. It actually made my condition worse.

The ligaments at C-1 and C-2 are the weakest part.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote