View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Now you know why I didn't jump out of bed at 2 a.m. and start walking around the bedroom. I just remained calm (pain was horrible), but since I know that spasms are horrible, I just pushed the big toe down as best I could. And believe me, when a toe is in the middle of a spasm, it doesn't want to go down.

Reminds me of when I was about 17 years old. I was asleep in my bed when I got this pain in my calf. I woke up screaming. My father and mother came running in and my father said "take it easy, it's a charlie horse". Never heard that word before. He massaged my calf and it went away. The next time this happened was 6 months ago when I tried to stretch my hamstring in the bed and it started to spasm. So I just stopped, I started to massage it and that was it. So from age 17 to age 59, no more calf spasms. Isn't that strange.

You know, how when you have a sprained ankle, they say to do RICE, Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

Well, what do you think is the best thing to do for a spasm?? Ice it, or warm compresses. I'm heading in the direction of warm compressions.

Simply because I remember being in the hot shower and my whole body just relaxed.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote