View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi all.

Remember, a few posts back, I described how my 63 year old lady friend is now learning how to use her computer, and she put in Splendor.com instead of Splenda.com.

Well, just now she calls me up and she says "I'm at the Shoprite website, and I'm looking at circulars, see if you see anything you like, we're going there on Wednesday". So I just said to her "what is the URL?" She said "what is the what??"" I said "look at the top of your screen, at your browser web address place, it will say "www, blah blah, and she goes "I don't see it". I then go nuts and I say "there has to be a web address at the top of your screen, because you are at a website". What does she say?" I'm not at a website, I'm at shopright circulars". I just said "oh my god".

Finally, I find it (on my own), and we are on the same page. I tell her, "Esther, at the top of my screen, it says "shopright.com, blah blah", and she says "oh, yeah, I know". I said "what do you mean, you know, I just asked you to give me the url for this website???" and she goes "Oh, I don't pay attention to that stuff, I just look at the website'.

I want to strangle her. Only I can't because she takes me to Shoprite supermarket on Wednesday.

lol
Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote