View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 07:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Published on Oct 28, 2013

Neuropathic (Nerve) Pain VIDEO -- from Toe to Head. Neuropathic pain involves damage to the nerve. The condition causes the nerves to fire incessantly, even if the initial source of the pain has been remedied. The brain responds by creating an ongoing message of pain.
Speaker: Ian Carroll, MD, Assistant Professor, Anesthesia, Stanford University Medical Center

Stanford Hospital's Dr. Ian Carroll on Nerve Pain - YouTube
Great video! I learned a few things. Thanks.

It really makes me realize how lucky I was to get the care I have. My pain, anxiety, and fear have been easing a bit recently and I'm trying to wean myself off as much and many of the meds as possible. I no longer have to wrap my hand and I might even see little callouses starting to form on it again. It's been 24 years since my injury.

I had always believed that if I had been given a proper chance to heal that all this wouldn't have happened but the video suggests it might have been all the same.

Gabapentin certainly deserves a lot of credit for my ability to cope with this all these years. But it's still the one I want to cut the most because it affects my thought processes by preventing my seeing the connections between disparate things. It might also be interfering with my math abilities but it could be the RSD that did (is doing) this.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote