View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 05:56 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davOD View Post
This thread has not gotten out of my mind in weeks....I guess when your on the side of permanent damage/problems that last a lifetime. We wish we could persuade them to change their ways?

But it seams it wont.....If I had a second chance I would not go to work that ugly day! I cant change the past, but only what I do today effects my future.

I wish the best to the poster. Read a few hundred threads, maybe that could change your mind?

Good luck
Thanks for the response man!!

Are you on the side of permanent damage/problems? If so I am sorry to hear that. Believe me, I'm not taking any of this lightly. I'm constantly battling internally about whether I should quit BJJ or continue.

I understand about risking a possible long term/permanent injury, but I have to ask myself. If I am so worried about that, then I shouldn't ride a motorcycle ever again, or I shouldn't snowboard, or should drive a car, or do many other things that COULD cause an injury right?

I think that is the biggest thing I am struggling with internally. If I give up BJJ to protect my brain, then riding a motorcycle seems hypocritical because if I come off that I am probably going to be FAR worse off. Or doing snowboarding where you fall on your ***, tumble, land funny etc.

I just feel like it is a "what if" situation with everything and I wanted to try and live my life sensibly but not just avoiding things all the time.
DeanBJJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (05-31-2022)