View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 11:09 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

BBJ is all about trying to control the other person with moves that can easily cause injury. Injuries are expected.

Motorcycle riding and snowboarding are not about trying to hurt or gain physical control over an opponent. Injuries are accidental.

I'm not going to get into the details other than to say, I had to drop out of college because I could not endure the stress. I would crash during exams and tests. I had the same experience at 10th grade after a concussion from heading a soccer ball. My academic skills declined greatly.

My academics were a roller coaster after my severe concussion at 10.

The rugby community is just starting to acknowledge the damage players have suffered. Rugby players have a culture of "nothing will keep me down" except those who get hurt with long term consequences are disregarded as they leave the sport.

People of mediocre intelligence do not notice the differences as much as people of higher intelligence.

If you don't want your fear of head impacts to control your life, you have a choice to ignore that fear. It does not change the risk. Live your life. Just don't try to get people like me to affirm your choices.

My short term memory is horrible. It tests in the bottom 10% of the population even though my intelligence is in the top 12% to 2% of the population. Driving on busy streets is a terror because my brain is constantly reacting to the fast movement around me.

My mother and my wife have both observed serious negative changes in my personality.

Look up anhedonia.... Yeah. It sucks. Visual aphasia, afantasia, verbal/expressive aphasia,

I used to have a photographic memory. Now, I can't look at a object and look away and describe it.

I post online because I can read what I was just thinking and typed because if I said it, I would not remember what I just said so I could continue the thought and comments.

There are many activities you can do that have a lower risk than BBJ. BBJ is about ego, not enjoyment.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (06-01-2022)